[jbosstools-dev] Configure the Visual Page Editor palette in JBoss Tools

Gayard, Leonel Leonel.Gayard at gft.com
Tue Feb 24 15:01:39 EST 2015

Hi,

I am investigating the internal code in JBoss Tools, in particular, the pieces that fill up the Palette view.
I have checked out the source code of the plugins, but I am having a hard time finding out how the Palette view is filled with the different options. For instance, when running an Eclipse instance with JBoss Tools, I can see the palette view is filled with the same options expected from the manual page at [1]

But I'm having a hard time to find in the source code how the data to fill this tree of categories is found.

I have traced the code, and I see that the categories are fetched as an XModel / Preference Model [2]. So, if the palette view shows the categories HTML, JBoss, JSF, Oracle ADF and others, I would expect to find an XML or Properties file that described those.

Can someone give me any pointers on how the current code finds those categories ?

Another question is, I'm currently checking if we can extend the plugin to add new categories and items in the Palette; can you give me some hint on how to approach this task ?

  [1]: https://docs.jboss.org/tools/4.0.1.Final/en/jsf/html/palette.html
  [2]: https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-base/blob/jbosstools-4.0.0.Final/common/plugins/org.jboss.tools.common.model/src/org/jboss/tools/common/model/options/PreferenceModelUtilities.java#L64

Leonel Gayard

GFT Brasil Consultoria Inform?tica Ltda.
Av. Sao Francisco, 98
18.095-450 Sorocaba, Brasil

T      +55 15 3332 9731
Leonel.Gayard at gft.com