[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: JBoss Tools 4.2.3.Beta1 / JBDS 8.1.0.Beta1 Code Freeze is Thursday Feb 25

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 21:50:44 EST 2015

Just a reminder, today (Europe time) / tomorrow (US/Canada time) is the
JBoss Tools 4.2.3.Beta1 / JBDS 8.1.0.Beta1 Code Freeze.

---

Since we're already building from the 4.2.x branch, we *could* create
4.2.3.Beta1x branches if we wanted that extra overhead, but I think it's
much simpler to simply code freeze in the 4.2.x branch by EOD Thursday
Feb 25.

We can then spin up the builds Friday & have bits for QE by Monday.

Once that's announced, you can tag your sources, and the 4.2.x branch
will re-open for urgent, blocker/critical fixes aimed at JBT 4.2.3.CR1 /
JBDS 8.1.0.CR1.

---

As a reminder, if you haven't already updated your root pom to use the
4.2.3.Beta1 parent pom, or you haven't bumped your versions to a version
greater than what was released in JBoss Tools 4.2.2, please do so. If
you need instructions on how to do so, see the child tasks under this JIRA:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19124

If your component DOES NOT have a JIRA under there, but you have changes
in the 4.2.x branch planned to be included in 4.2.3, please create a
child task so I know that you have things to build.

---

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me, Alexey, Denis, Fred,
Max, or Mickael.