[jbosstools-dev] Configure the Visual Page Editor palette in JBoss Tools

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 06:17:29 EST 2015

On 25 Feb 2015, at 13:09, Gayard, Leonel wrote:

>> Be warned that the palette and visual jsf editing is being phased
>> out/deprecated since it relies on xulrunner which are no longer
>> portable/available in a stable form.
>
> In this case, are there plans to replace xulrunner ? What are the
> candidates for replacement ?

There is none that been shown to be feasible.

The experiments we've done by using javascript to communicate with
IE/webkit all either
given to bad a performance or required a complete rewrite of all the JSF
template handling code.

To be clear, all the source editing, palette dnd etc. will still be
there - it is just the visual part
that we will deprecate and eventually remove.

We focused on getting good HTML5 preview support instead - html5 have
the advantage of not requiring
custom template code to be previewed.

/max