[jbosstools-dev] Should we use @Ignore in non-runnable JUnit test classes, instead of <include> in pom? (was: JUnit Tests)

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 08:54:43 EST 2015

I am so +∞ on dropping the current patterns

I wonder if tycho’s default patterns are enough *Test*, *Test, *TestCase https://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-surefire/tycho-surefire-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/tycho/surefire/TestMojo.java#n149 <https://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-surefire/tycho-surefire-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/tycho/surefire/TestMojo.java#n149>

1) abstract classes are not run by default. So if you called an AbstractFooTest class which is not abstract, it’s on you.
2) when Eclipse JUnit runner runs on a projects/packages, containing suites and individual classes, it’ll run tests from suites and ignore (duplicate) individual tests. If it’s a core JUnit feature, then it should behave the same in surefire. That needs to be verified obviously