[jbosstools-dev] Should we use @Ignore in non-runnable JUnit test classes, instead of <include> in pom?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 14:02:18 EST 2015

TL;DR:

I think this is what we've said we should do:

1. Use new default patterns in parent pom for JBDS 9 (and 8.1 too):

	include = *Test*, *Test, *TestCase
	exclude = *Abstract*

2. If that causes test failures because running incorrectly named
abstract stuff, they can refactor, add their own root pom overrides, use
a TestSuite, or use @Ignore in test classes.

3. If the count of tests run suddenly DROPS because the pattern isn't
running the correct # of tests, they can add their own root pom
overrides, or use a TestSuite.

So say we all?