[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] Proposed change for JBTIS target platform - 4.2.1.Final/ 4.2.1.EA

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 06:44:19 EST 2015

On 28 Jan 2015, at 15:25, Paul Leacu wrote:

> Greetings -
>    A proposal to change the JBTIS target platform is described here:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBTIS-382
>
> PR:
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-integration-stack/pull/280
>
> Synopsis:
>
> 1. Split the JBTIS target platform along release/final and
> non-release/early access lines
>    so as to not expose non .Final features to the stable capture that
> appears when performing
>    an 'uncategorized' install.  No dependent component version change
> from 4.2.0.Final.
>

> http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbtistarget/4.2.1.Final/
>
> http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbtistarget/4.2.1.EA/

> Please respond by COB on Thursday, Jan 29 to the specified Jira if
> there are any issues.

I only have limited time today but I put main comments on the PR.

main "bug" is that you are using the version to differentiate where IMO
it is a *new* artifact that is being introduced, not a new new version.

Also even that was the case, 4.2.1.EA is *not* an allowed/valid version
- so I suggest using it as a separate artifact instead with shared
version since that is actually what is done here. split in Two TP's (or
updatesites) for one version.

I also believe that would remove the need for all the profiling
switching ? (but can't say that for sure since I haven't had
time to run the build to completeness)

/max