[jbosstools-dev] How to build fuseide locally? All I get is fails.

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 15:14:22 EDT 2015

Hi Lars:

I've made sure my fork of /home/rob/code/fuseide/fuseide/ is up to date,
and I've successfully built the TP.  I was attempting to build the
actual plugins (since many of them are missing jars which are fetched on
build), and all I get is fails.

Specifically, one of the failures I'm getting is:

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could
not find artifact org.apache.camel:camel-core:jar:2.15.1.redhat-620129
in redhat-techpreview-all-repository
(http://maven.repository.redhat.com/techpreview/all/)

We've (Nick and I) taken a quick glance in the techpreview and
early-access nexus repos and have been unable to locate the version the
build is looking for.  So it makes sense the build would fail...  My
question is, how does the fuse team build this, and why does it work for
them and not for me?

It's very difficult for me to offer help with various topics (terminal
migration, other) to the fuse side if their code can't be built and
plugins cannot be imported.

I'm not sure if this comes off as rude, but I suggest you make a habit
of ensuring that your code can be actually built and imported by others.
If it doesn't work for me, it most likely also doesn't work for other
possible external contributors. One way to test this is to wipe your .m2
folder and try to build your stuff and make sure it works.

One other thing: I also suggest you clean up the repo a bit and remove
folders such as "old" that are not to be included in the build. Maybe
I'm alone on this one, but, the purpose of having a good SCM tool is
that you only need to have what's actually used in master. When I do an
import on your repo, it's importing plugins that will never be used, and
this is definitely confusing.

Either way, I can't make any progress offering to rewrite your terminal
if I can't import your code. Build is fsck'd. Plz to fix at earliest
convenience.

=/