[jbosstools-dev] License feature migration : Q&A

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 12:07:47 EDT 2015

I just sent out a bunch of Task JIRAs to remind everyone to update their
features to use the new license feature, some time before we release CR1.

Ref: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-20194

However, I've noticed a couple of questions being asked about this, so
here's a quick Q&A.

--

Q1. Do I need to upversion my features again?

A1. NO. If you already upversioned once during the JBT 4.3.0 cycle (eg.,
from 1.7 in JBT 4.2 to 1.8 in JBT 4.3), that's good enough. No need to
bump again! I just put that boilerplate reminder in there in case you
haven't already done a version bump for this cycle.

--

Q2. The fixversion target is CR1. Can I do this for Beta2?

A2. Yes, I only set CR1 so that this change would not prevent you from
getting more urgent work done in time for Beta2's feature freeze, which
is in 9 days on July 16 - next Thursday!