[jbosstools-dev] foundation tests

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 12:21:56 EDT 2015

Hi All:

I'm a little curious why there's a need for the number of test plugins
in foundation.  Currently I see

org.jboss.tools.foundation.checkup.test
org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test
org.jboss.tools.foundation.help.test

However, checkup and help are both 1 or 2 classes in the entire plugin,
and neither one of them seem likely to require additional tests.  Why
were these tests added to their own plugin?

I'm asking because I'd like to add some new UI tests, and I think adding
a 4th plugin seems a bit ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense to just
have a foundation.core.test and a foundation.ui.test, and move the
checkup and help tests into whichever makes more sense?

- Rob