[jbosstools-dev] JBDS/Eclipse performance update

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 11:09:12 EDT 2015

On 06/02/2015 04:51 PM, Rastislav Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
> I noticed that WSDL validation is a bit slow when wsld file contains references to www.w3.org probably due to [1]. Bug for eclipse is already created and is a bit old [2]. I've commented there but no response yet.
> I dont know if any part of JBT/JBDS is doing something with w3.org, if yes, than you could consider doing something to minimize requests to w3.org servers.
It seems to be only a matter of providing the necessary catalog
extension (extension point is
org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.catalogContributions). Maybe you could submit a
patch for that
But it's most likely too late to contribute that to Eclipse XML support
for Mars, so even with a patch upstream, we'd need to have a local fix
if we want it to behave better with JBT/JBDS. So it's worth opening a
Jira and adding necessary DTD and XSD in JBT as well.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>