[jbosstools-dev] submenus in CNF based viewer not showing up at times

André Dietisheim adietish at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 09:35:22 EDT 2015

Hi

I have a issue with submenus in the OpenShift Explorer i have pretty
much no clue about so far:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-20014

It's all about "New" and "Show In" submenus in a common navigator
(OpenShift Explorer). They dont show up at times. The issue persists
since quite a time now, it already existed when OpenShift was a simpler
set of plugins only supporting OpenShift v2. Now with a new structure
that consists of a common.ui plugin (which contribute the "New" and
"Show in") and v2 and v3 plugins contributing items the error comes up
more frequently.
I removed "visibleWhen" expressions, removed contributions by the v2 and
v3 plugins, keeping contributions in common.ui only - just to get a
feeling for the issue. Those changes didnt have any effect.
I am pretty clueless, the issue feels like a platform issue to me.

I'd appreciate a lot if anyone had a clue about this, since it's quite
critical to usability in OpenShift.

Thanks!
André