[jbosstools-dev] FYI: parent pom variable jbosstools-site-stream has been renamed to jbosstools_stream in master branch

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 17:19:59 EDT 2015

TL;DR:

jbosstools-site-stream is now jbosstools_stream; if you use
jbosstools-site-stream, please update your poms/jobs for JBT 4.3/JBDS 9.

---

I've had to rename the parent pom Maven variable
<jbosstools-site-stream> in order to reuse it in Jenkins job configs.
This allows us to override it in Jenkins AND use the same value in shell
scripts to define where content is published on the server, as per the
new reorg going on for JBT 4.3 / JBDS 9 [1].

The new variable is jbosstools_stream; I intentionally renamed it rather
than just swapping dashes (not allowed in bash variables) for
underscores (allowed) so it would be more obvious.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-3208

As far as I can tell, the only affected projects are:

jbosstools-build [2]
jbosstools-central [3]
jbosstools-integration-tests [4]
jbdevstudio-product [5]

[2] https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/pull/178
[3] https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-central/pull/325
[4] https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-integration-tests/pull/884
[5] https://github.com/jbdevstudio/jbdevstudio-product/pull/280

Note that the old variable is *still in the parent pom*, but it is now
deprecated & derived from the the new one [6].

[6]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L75-L76