[jbosstools-dev] Which modules depend on EGit/JGit?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 11:04:23 EDT 2015

On 23 Mar 2015, at 13:05, Gorkem Ercan wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2015, at 2:31, Mickael Istria wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> With https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-3285 , we'll most likely
>> need to adopt snapshots of EGit/JGit 4.0 in our target-platform for
>> JBT 4.3.
>> What are the impacted modules?
>
> jbosstools-aerogear, FeedHenry component uses EGit and JGit. It uses
> an
> internal API from EGit.
> And indirectly Thym uses JGit.

ah - I forgot about feedhenry/thym combo.

Sounds like both OpenShift and Aerogear should take a look at what
internal API we use
and at least open bugzilla to request some of this gets upgraded to API
?
(assuming we still need the features)

>> Do you already expect some issues related to this move?
> I have not checked if our public/private API uses impacted on 4.0.

Can you find time to check that this week or monday ? M6 is set to go
out
friday and we would like to get the easy import work moving forward.

>> In short, would it be OK to adopt snapshots from now on?
> Only if snapshots do not break anything :)
> Actually, I am a bit concerned about Thym.

sounds like its time to have separate Luna/Mars streams ? :/