[jbosstools-dev] Site doesn't mention VPE/VPV, JS editor addition nor JSF support?

Ilya Buziuk ibuziuk at exadel.com
Tue Mar 24 08:28:45 EDT 2015

< Should we combine info about Visual Editor for JSF files with other JSF
features or create a Visual Editor feature and write there about both HTML
and JSF Visual Editors?

Well, frankly I can't see the point of writing about obsolete JSF Visual
Editor, cause, if I understand correctly, it will be completely removed in
JBDS 9. It might be really good to announce deprecation / removal though.
IMHO, it will be relevant to write separately about:
- JSF features (without VPE)
- VPV editor
- HTML preview

P.S. I would also like to add CordovaSim feature to the site.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Konstantin Marmalyukov <
kmarmaliykov at exadel.com> wrote:

>  On 3/24/2015 12:33 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
> The visual part is not all of jsf. We still have a lot of jsf related
> features.
>
>  Best way to fix it is to submit pr's to the feature pages :)
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen
>

>  Should we combine info about Visual Editor for JSF files with other JSF
> features or create a Visual Editor feature and write there about both HTML
> and JSF Visual Editors?
>
> On 24 Mar 2015, at 10:23, Mickael Istria <mistria at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>   On 03/24/2015 10:17 AM, Ilya Buziuk wrote:
>
> < I expected to find at least a paragraph about JSF editor from
> http://tools.jboss.org/features/ but couldn't find one
> It's utterly surprising that our users are interested in JSF
> stuff while when we are deprecating Xulrunner ;-)
>
> It's not yet our users, it's just some people doing JSF and looking for
> good tools. It's more potential users, that we can convert to other
> technologies later.
>
> --
> Mickael Istria
> Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>