[jbosstools-dev] ATTENTION REQUIRED: missing tags

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon May 4 14:50:41 EDT 2015

Whoah, now. Tagging the tip of the 4.2.x branch and calling it something
like 4.2.1.Final is a bad, and inaccurate plan.

If you need to dig up the SHAs for a given historical build, they can be
found here:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/stable

For example, the SHAs that went into JBT 4.2.1.Final are here:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/stable/jbosstools-4.2.1.Final-build-core/2014-12-14_19-43-15-B320/logs/ALL_REVISIONS.txt

As to the actual steps for tagging from a SHA... I'm no gitsplainer, but
I believe this is all you need to do:

    git tag <tagname> <SHA-of-the-commit>

If that's incorrect, I'm sure Max will correct me.

Nick