[jbosstools-dev] antlr packages and lib not exported in Hibernate Tools 4.0.1

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu May 21 07:01:34 EDT 2015

On 12 May 2015, at 11:22, Bastian Ugimachi wrote:

> Sorry for responding lately. (Your last mail was the only one that
> reached
> my mailbox for some reason...)

>> Bastian - did you get your problem solved ?

>>> please note that we are really trying to limit exposing any of
>>> hibernate
>>> internal runtime API's to support multiple versions of Hibernate.
>>> Thus
>>> if this break that we won't be able to do it.
>>>

> I strongly agree with that! On the other hand, the HqlParser (from
> package
> org.hibernate.hql.ast) itself is exposed; wouldn't it then be
> consquent to
> also expose its required libraries for external usage?

I would say its more a mistake we expose direct access to HqlParser - I
guess
  we would need to repackage the hibernate libraries as osgi components
to make
this more sharable...not something we've spent time on unfortunately :/

>>> What is your plugin trying to do that needs this level of access ?
>>>

> My tool uses the HqlParser from the Eclipse Libs to get information
> about
> the query's referred entities, referred fields etc. It uses these
> information for some further verification; e.g. whether named
> parameters
> exist / are used correctly.

Okey - any reason why not adding this functionality to hibernate tools
it self where
you can get access to these ?