[jbosstools-dev] Java 8 experiement for JBoss Tools 4.3/Developer studio 9

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Sat May 23 04:01:38 EDT 2015

> Forge is compiled against JDK 7 but it is fully Java 8 compatible.

Yes - not following what your point is here. That's how all parts of JBDS 8 and JBoss tools 4.2.x was. It's also what jbds 9 will be for now - but exploring if we must support java 7 or have to do tricks to have only certain parts of jbds 8 require java 8.

Such as arquillian and batch Java EE tooling.