[jbosstools-dev] Java 8 experiement for JBoss Tools 4.3/Developer studio 9

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Sun May 24 01:51:32 EDT 2015

On 23 May 2015, at 18:10, Nick Boldt wrote:

> Just FYI:
>
> If you DO introduce a Bundle-RequireExecutionEnvironment of JavaSE-1.8
> into a plugin, please make sure you also update your Jenkins job
> accordingly.

crap, then tycho got picky ;/

tycho shouldn't be limiting its build options based on runtime execution
environments.

if it is then the idea about changing foundation to require it to just
make install fails on Java 7 was a Bad idea.

Anyone with a better idea on how we can make the installation require
Java 8, but not require it at build time ?

/max