[jbosstools-dev] Mechanism for deciding which archetype will be used for target runtime.

Radim Hopp rhopp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 07:01:34 EDT 2015

Hi,
I guess, that the main mechanism for deciding which archetype will be used
for which server runtime is stacks.yaml, but what about runtimes, which are
not in stacks.yaml yet?

For example now, when I try to create EAR project with target runtime EAP7
(EAP7 is not yet in stacks.yaml), it
creates org.jboss.spec.archetypes:jboss-javaee6-webapp-ear-archetype:7.1.3.Final
(archetype for JBossAS 7) and this doesn't seem right.

Another example: EAR project with target runtime WFLY9
-> rg.wildfly.archetype:wildfly-javaee7-webapp-ear-archetype:8.2.0.Final.
This looks pretty ok, as this is WFLY8.2 archetype and WFLY9 archetypes are
not released yet.

Radim