[jbosstools-dev] Green light for using Java 8 as minimal Execution Environment Master

Denis Golovin dgolovin at exadel.com
Wed Oct 7 00:56:11 EDT 2015

After Max shared his interpretation of Eclipse adoption and impact of
requiring Java 8 for our Mars release we agreed there is no way back and
master branch can now use new Java 8 features (see this link
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/8-whats-new-2157071.html for
details). Openshift is already using it and Eclipse Neon release is going
to require Java 8 as well.

Just do not forget to change minimal EE to JavaSE-1.8 for bundles that use
Java 8 specific features. Jenkins projects are already using Java 8 to
build JBossTools and JBDS projects, so there should be no problems with
nightly builds in case you decided to go for it.

Denis

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and files attached to it are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified