[jbosstools-dev] Suggested changes in 4.60.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT Target Platform

Konstantin Marmalyukov kmarmaliykov at exadel.com
Wed Oct 7 10:38:39 EDT 2015

On 10/7/2015 4:27 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2015, at 11:38, Konstantin Marmalyukov wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Eclipse Neon moves to Jetty 9.3.2, so Livereload, BrowserSim and
>> CordovaSim is not working on *master.
>
> What breaks ? I didn't find anything in jira about the actual issue.
>
> It is rather worrying if update to jetty keeps breaking us and eclipse
> platform.
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen
It's the same old song which we already have for CR1 respin-a. This is
expected issue, nothing to worry about.

Remember, jetty have problem with versioning. Briefly, jetty bundles
have dependencies between them(i.e. jetty.websocket.server requires
jetty.server). But they does not strict required version, they declare
only version range.

We strict jetty versions. So, when Eclipse updates Jetty bundle version
that they use, we have dependency chains(cause we have two versions of
jetty bundles in Target Platform), so Livereload, Browsersim and
Cordovasim cannot start. Eclipse platform is fine, only our plugins is
broken.

I will update Jiras descriptions to make everything clear.

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and files attached to it are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified