[jbosstools-dev] Question on where to set preferences for upstream plugins

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 10:50:44 EDT 2016

Hi All:

I was reviewing
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-base/pull/459/files

It seems a functional patch in general, but I sincerely doubt
runtime.ui  is the proper place to go adjusting JDT UI preferences.

Should be doing this in project releases, rather than product? As I
understood it, we should only be customizing other project's settings in
our product release - JBDS.

If it was only to be done in product, isn't there a way to customize
these preferences via a text file?  If we want to begin to do this in
project instead, wouldn't it be better to have an isolated place where
we can set arbitrary settings for upstream projects?

Context https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-20845

- Rob Stryker