[jbosstools-dev] Can we have a jenkins build triggered upon github PR?

André Dietisheim adietish at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 11:28:41 EDT 2016

Hi

I'd love to get a build triggered when I create a PR in github. That
would allow me to force awareness of breaking tests with a change.
When talking to Nick he was pointing out that there are actually 3 items
that he's after currently, where my suggestion is the 1st of these aims.

a) does the PR break my tests / want a green light on the PR page
b) does the PR break downstream (eg., API change in Base breaks Server
or UI change in Server breaks Openshift)
c) does the PR need to be aggregated into JBT or JBDS so we can see it
in the larger context

a) is what I'd love to get and is good enough for me now.
b) is imho a nice-to-have but wasnt that much of a problem in OpenShift
lately.
c) I guess is the larger picture where we want to achieve continous
delivery.

Nick wants to know about the need of other component leads. So please
speak up. a), b), c), all of them, etc?

Cheers
Andre