[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Code Freeze for Sprint 113 / devex 6 is today

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 10:04:38 EDT 2016

Since the current DevStudio sprint ends on Tuesday May 3 next week,
and we need to have something built and ready to demo on that day,
today (as we have often done on Thursdays in the past) should be
considered a Code Freeze day.

This means that by EOD today (whatever your timezone) please be done
pushing things into master branch.

Over night tonight I will ensure that a build is run to pick up all
fresh commits and will therefore have something I can stage to QE
tomorrow, and that Denis can then use for the devplatform installer
build & signing.

This Alpha1 build will be pushed around 9am PST / 12pm EST / 6pm CST /
9:30pm IST Friday April 29. Exception to this will be IFF dev, QE, or
anyone else finds a blocker before that time. You should fix that
(with at least one +1 on the PR/JIRA) but your MUST ensure you notify
myself via email (or better, via HipChat) so I know to expect the
change in the build pipeline and the resulting delay to the staging
process. Blockers only, please!

Please also ensure you kick off your job *as soon as the commit is
pushed to github*, that would save me having to query for new changes
and manually babysitting your build and all its downstream ones. A
reminder: your job runs automatically on github commits, but only
checks every 8 hours* to avoid building partial commits and causing
failures when commits span across repos.

Not sure where your job is? Look here:
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_Master/
for your component/project name.

This should give QE all day Monday to find any blockers, and if
necessary, we MIGHT have time to fix them before the demos on Tuesday.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them in this thread or
HipChat or #jbosstools on freenode.

Thanks,

Nick

* - Aside: Should we change that to a check every hour, now that we're Agile?