[jbosstools-dev] Known issues w/ JBT 4.4.0.Alpha1 & DS 10.0.0.Alpha1 bits staged for QE

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sat Apr 30 16:47:27 EDT 2016

Before people report these issues, I wanted to mention I'm aware of
them. Thankfully, this is just a first Alpha build, so there's lots of
time to fix these publishing issues.

* Cannot install all of DS Central into DS 10.0.0.Alpha1 on Neon.0.M6
(BYOE), as Central includes an older version of o.e.mylyn, 3.18 but
3.19 is already installed https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22279
[will be fixed by moving up to Neon.0.M7 next week, JBIDE-22200]

* Wrong JBT IS site is used in JBT 4.4.0.Alpha1
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22280
* JBT 4.4.0.Alpha1 loads too many update sites (for EA and JBT IS)
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22281

* Publishing of JBDS Central & EA zips is broken
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22282

So for now, JBTIS content can't be installed into JBT 4.4.0.Alpha1,
but that's OK because anything we'd be installing is the Mars-based
stuff, not the Neon-based stuff. And there are no JBDS Central/EA zips
for offline installation. Unsure if anyone actually ever uses those.

The Mylyn issue is just an annoyance because it slows down installing
from Central as Eclipse figures out you have a newer version of Mylyn
installed and works around it.

Cheers,