[jbosstools-dev] README: Updates to parent pom, target platforms, and CI publishing process

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 14:04:05 EDT 2016

Since AM3 is now released, it's time to upversion the jbt, devstudio,
central, and EA target platforms from AM3 to Final.

I've also moved parent pom to use Tycho 0.26.0 [0], which allows us to
use the latest TP validation [1]. Simply enabling this new validator
caught a problem w/ two different versions of the same atlassian
feature in jbt/devstudio vs. central. So, that's been fixed.

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/0.26
[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22673

BUILD_ALIAS is now set to Final (or GA, for devstudio builds).

Therefore, builds such as jbosstools-openshift should fail if a
SNAPSHOT dependency is re-introduced [2]. Or if you use a SNAPSHOT
dependency, like in jbosstools-aerogear [3]

[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22446
[3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22881

Finally, it should be noted that builds now use p2diff -mode=deep to
determine if there's any reason to publish new bits onto
download.jboss.org. Should you notice that your commits are not being
built & published in a timely manner, please let me know ASAP. See
also this issue [4].

[4] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22968