[jbosstools-dev] Aeri integration - put in usage or separate plugin ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:47:21 EST 2016

Hey,

I'm working on the inclusion of Aeri into JBoss Tools.

Initial PR is at https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-base/pull/483

I would like to include this into JBoss Tools 4.3 CR1 (the one using
Mars.2).

I see two options:

A) add separate plugin (that is what separate PR does now) and users
will have
    to manually add it, unless we add it to every overall feature like
we have done for usage.

B) add this extension point + dependency on aeri plugin into our usage
plugin.

With B we get the biggest exposure by far - but we will add a base
dependency to Aeri for *every* plugin we have.

Suggestions welcome on how we can make Aeri available to most people
with the smallest impact :)