[jbosstools-dev] Proposed changes to target platform 4.52.0.Beta2-SNAPSHOT: Mars.2.RC1 + AERI, Docker, Easymport, Red Deer, YAML Editor

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 08:28:47 EST 2016

On 19 Feb 2016, at 20:23, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 19 Feb 2016, at 19:01, Nick Boldt wrote:
>
>> The magic is simply "use the correct folder". We can't build the
>> unified tp unless the multiple one already exists.
>> That's how it's
>> constructed. Only workarounds are the ones I documented in the
>> devdoc:
>> build them at the same time but tell the unified to use the
>> locally-built multiple TP's URL, or don't build the unified one since
>> you don't need it anyway.
>>
>> Is your complaint that we have a reactor pom in the root of
>> jbosstools/ and jbdevstudio/ which tries to build BOTH multiple and
>> unified at the same time, rather than in two steps?
>>
>> If so I could remove unified from that pom on line 16:
>>
>> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-target-platforms/blob/4.52.x/jbosstools/pom.xml#L16
>>
>> Then you could verify from the jbosstools/ folder instead of the
>> jbosstools/multiple folder.
>
> Why don't it just build them in the right sequence ?
>
> How is this any different than any of our other reactor pom's that
> make sure things
> are built in the right order ?

Mickael reminded me why it works like it does now is that unified
depends on multiple to have published its
contents to its urls first.

Thus it becomes a chicken egg problem.

Would be nice if mvn clean verify would actually just work and have the
full deploy mechanism be something enabled by a profile.

But thats a future improvement - now I grok why we have it that mvn
clean verify doesn't work.