[jbosstools-dev] I have archived the JBIDE 4.3.0 and JBDS 9.0.0 releases in JIRA

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 04:50:30 EST 2016

We never in the past did this since it affects the release overview
making it not list the latest releases nor can you open bugs against
such releases (i.e. "affects version" won't work).

Thus using "Archive" is *not* the right thing to do (blame Atlassian for
this :)

What we *did* do in the past is once the GA/final is out we archive the
alpha/beta's of those release that are no longer "relevant" (i.e. beyond
2 major releases back).

You should be able to see that pattern in the "Manage Versions" tab.

Thus I have reverted the "bad" versions archives I could find and went
back and archived older versions to at least clean up the version combo
list.

About the issue of "accidentally assign things to 9.0.0 fix versions" -
that is one of the things jiralint checks
for
(https://github.com/maxandersen/jiralint/blob/master/reports-weekly.json#L27)
so this should show up if it
ever happens.