[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools 4.3.1.Beta2: Will there be a respin-a? (Short answer: maybe Wed/Thu this week)

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 13:59:38 EST 2016

After some discussion w/ Len this afternoon, we've decided that the
go/no-go decision to do a respin will happen on Wed Jan 27, *no later
than 12pm Toronto time / 6pm Brno time*

Builds are enabled and currently spinning against the 4.3.1.Beta2x
branch (not the 4.3.x / CR1 branch!), so if we decide to do a respin,
we can quickly get stuff built Wed afternoon/evening.

Devs will have from noon on Wed (if a respin is happening) until that
evening to get stuff pushed to the 4.3.1.Beta2x (and 4.3.x branch
too!).

QE can then start on the fresh bits as of *Thurs Jan 28 Brno time*,
unless we find a big blocker which can't be fixed Wed night.

If you have things you think you want to include, please get them PR
reviewed in advance so that it'll be easier to just commit your
changes.

If we don't do a respin, those changes will simply go into the 4.3.x
branch for CR1, so you won't be wasting your (or your PR reviewers')
time.

--

Any questions, please ask here or find me/Len on hipchat.

--

PS: Once we're done with Beta2 respins, I can switch the jobs to start
building the CR1 bits from the 4.3.x branch. If I forget, don't