[jbosstools-dev] FYI: now building 4.3.1.CR1 // 4.3.1.Beta2x effectively frozen

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 13:33:27 EST 2016

Alexey has requested that the current pile of 4.3.mars/9.0.mars jobs
[1] be reconfigured to build from the 4.3.x branch. Currently, they
are set to build from the 4.3.1.Beta2x branch, in case we need a
respin.

[1] http://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_9.0.mars/

This means that starting from this change, the 4.3.1.Beta2x branch is
effectively frozen, since we won't be building any CI builds from
there (unless we switch back).

This also means that IFF we need a Beta2b respin (hopefully unlikely
since there's really no time in the schedule for it), it will come
with a bigger-than-normal cost:

a) I will have to delete all the CR1 CI builds so they don't pollute
the Beta2 aggregation with the wrong BUILD_ALIAS qualifiers
b) I will have to switch the jobs back to use the 4.3.1.Beta2x branch
c) I will have to build THE WHOLE STACK, not just the jobs which
caused the respin (ie., for respin-a we only rebuilt Base and
Openshift, then the JBT and JBDS aggregates & discovery sites). This
will create what looks like a much larger diff for QE since the
qualifiers will be incremented even though bitwise the contents are
the same.