[jbosstools-dev] Steps to reproduce Automated Error Report bot issues?

Marcel Bruch marcel.bruch at codetrails.com
Mon Jul 11 15:00:45 EDT 2016

> On 11 Jul 2016, at 18:44, Alexey Kazakov <alkazako at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> George, AFAIK these JIRAs are not created automatically.

Correct.
Although the automated error reporter *can* automatically create JIRA tickets (e.g. when certain thresholds like number of reporters > 10) are reached, there is no such rule active for JBoss tools yet.

At Eclipse we have a login per user (not a one-for-all login as for JBoss tools). There we append a footer “This bug report was created on behalf of <username>”.

For JBoss we’d need to set up a comparable authentication mechanism. Preferably one that works well for all committers and does not require creating yet another account. Is there such system which we could use to authenticate your committers against?

Marcel