[jbosstools-dev] jira sprint open/closing

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon May 9 16:00:16 EDT 2016

On 9 May 2016, at 18:10, Nick Boldt wrote:

> I opened 114 last week, probably on Thursday. I did not have
> permission
> rights to close 113 (sprint includes a project to which I don't have
> admin
> rights)

Yes, OSJC was for some reason added. you can find such issues by running
this query:

"sprint = '<sprint name> and project not in (JBIDE, JBDS, ERT)"

Then ask those responsible for that jira to remove them or if necessary
remove them.

For the OSJC case it probably does make sense to add them in since its
so closely connected to openshift tooling. I'll see if I can find a way
to get that managed without too much overhead.

> , or I'd have done so at that time too.

The important part to remember is to close first, start second.
Otherwise you get to do sprint planning twice ;)

> I mentioned this is Hipchat IIRC but no one who could close 113
> (Denis?
> Max? Alexey?) responded.

Hipchat is extremely unreliable for async communication that you
*require* a response to - I for one often don't get notifications for
most mentions unless I'm *at* my computer at the time it happens. Please
use email list or ensure via direct confirmation that someone sees it.

> Next time when we're two days into the new sprint and it's not been
> opened
> (nor has the old one been closed), I'll just post to mailing list so
> admins
> are aware.
>
> Which list(s) should be used?

jbosstools-dev@ is where things around ERT, JBIDE and JBDS goes by
default so seems best way to use that.

> On May 9, 2016 2:43 AM, "Max Rydahl Andersen" <manderse at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Forgot link to where you can see the 14 issues moved off (at bottom
>> of
>> this page):
>>
>> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=641&projectKey=JBIDE&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=4758
>>
>> /max
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I can't see the history of sprint-edits in jira so posting this to
>>> wider list for info.
>>>
>>> Someone started devex #114 on May 4th (correct date) but did not
>>> close
>>> devex #113 so all the issues on it is still lingering in #113.
>>>
>>> I'm sure this was done with good intentions and whoever did it might
>>> be missing some permissions (dumb jira), but this gives everyone
>>> some
>>> extra bookkeeping to do since when I marked #113 closed (end day May
>>> 3rd) we ended up with:
>>>
>>> devex #113 April 2016
>>>
>>> 74 issues were Done.
>>> 13 incomplete issues will be returned to the top of the backlog.
>>> 1 partially complete issue will be returned to the top of the