[jbosstools-dev] Arquillian testing in JBoss Tools

Brian Fitzpatrick bfitzpat at redhat.com
Tue May 17 17:09:09 EDT 2016

So there really are no docs for this thing beyond what I have found at the
github repo -https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-arquillian

I haven't quite figured out the relationship between an arquillian profile,
a maven profile, and the run configuration...

For instance, I have a project that has an existing Arquillian test.

I was able to specify a maven profile - I specified default and
arq-managed. Started the server inside Eclipse. Set a JBOSS_HOME
environment variable pointing to it... Try to kick it off and get:

org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.ConfigurationException: jbossHome
'${env.JBOSS_HOME}' must exist
    at
org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.deployment.Validate.configurationDirectoryExists(Validate.java:139)
    at
org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.DistributionContainerConfiguration.validate(DistributionContainerConfiguration.java:103)
    at
org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.managed.ManagedContainerConfiguration.validate(ManagedContainerConfiguration.java:65)
    at
org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.ContainerImpl.createDeployableConfiguration(ContainerImpl.java:115)
    at
org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.ContainerImpl.setup(ContainerImpl.java:181)

What am I doing wrong? Something simple I'm guessing...