[jbosstools-dev] Do we still need Xulrunner in Devstudio?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sat Oct 22 00:11:11 EDT 2016

ICYMI the status of this is now:

* List the features that are non-supportable on Red Hat Linux desktop
 - visual page editor & preview - requires xulrunner, which requires
GTK2. GTK2 is not supported on RHEL7/Fedora24+)

* Document it (including details about libnotify and GTK3)
* review this limitation for next year's major release train as a team
with PM being aware of the issues
* consider developing a VPE and preview that don't require xulrunner/GTK2

See also https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RHDEVDOCS-120 and
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-4059