[jbosstools-dev] BE IT RESOLVED: Remove PMD from Central & re-enable Central for RPM users

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sat Apr 8 12:22:38 EDT 2017

Back in November 2016 we disabled Red Hat Central from within the devstudio
rpm [0], since much of the content in there would cause the devstudio
install to break (conflicting dependencies, use constraint violations).

As of today, all the JBoss Tools, Integration Stack, and 3rd party
connectors in Central can be installed into the devstudio when installed
via rpm, except ONE: PMD [1].

Therefore, I think it's time remove that one problematic connector, PMD, to
allow us to bring Red Hat Central back into the rpm user's experience.
Since PMD is also available from the Eclipse Marketplace [2], it can easily
be installed by users that way without the need to ALSO include it in
Central.

[0] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBDS-4195
[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-23834
[2] https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/pmd-eclipse-plugin

I would like to move ahead with this plan -- remove PMD from Central and
re-enable Central for RPM users.

If I haven't heard any objections by Wednesday April 12, I'll assume
everyone is OK with this plan and will proceed as described.

Thanks,

--
NICK BOLDT

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RHCSA