[jbosstools-dev] FYI :: Where are the 11.0.0.GA / 4.5.0.Final bits for QE review? DELAYED.

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Aug 4 11:05:15 EDT 2017

Just a heads up that the past 3 days have been a bit of a problem for me to
get the builds all done and ready for QE review.

I'd hoped to at least have something completed last night, but due to a
change in the way Maven 3.5 handles dep resolution when building update
sites, I've discovered a major flaw in the way we produce the aggregate
update sites for JBT and devstudio.

The first manifestation of this was that the hibernate site was not
publishing the new hibernate.bot.ui and hibernate.reddeer plugins, so the
coretests site was not picking them up and the integration tests site was
broken due to the missing dep.

So I fixed that, but then realized that we introduced a circular
self-dependency in the coretests site by adding the new ITests profile [1]
to the parent pom. This meant that when building the coretests site, the
maven reactor would resolve against a previous coretests site build, rather
than the local artifacts of the local build. That too has been fixed.

But then I discovered another problem w/ the way that the browsersim
deployment was being done - the resulting update site contained all the
latest plugins physically, but was NOT containing them via the p2 metadata;
the result was that the JBT aggregate site was broken due to missing
dependency: org.jboss.tools.cordovasim.eclipse 3.8.4.v20170530-1153
requires 'bundle org.jboss.tools.browsersim.eclipse 3.8.0

So, I've had to redo the way the browsersim standalone zip is built and
deployed... that work is in progress but will hopefully allow me to resolve
the missing deps and get a good JBT aggregate site build. And from there,
we can rebuild devstudio installer & rpm, and finally get the bits staged
later today.

Fingers crossed I don't find another problem as I head down this maze of
twisty little passages, all alike [2].

[1]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L1049
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure