[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools tests fail on Oxygen

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 03:20:07 EST 2017

On 02/20/2017 10:31 PM, Snjezana Peco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> SWT tests fail on Oxygen SWT, because Oxygen SWT requires a newer
> GLIBC version.
> See
> https://jenkins.hosts.mwqe.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-server_master/1453/artifact/sources/archives/tests/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.archives.ui.test/target/work/data/.metadata/.log
> or
> https://jenkins.hosts.mwqe.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-arquillian_master/799/artifact/sources/tests/org.jboss.tools.arquillian.test/target/work/data/.metadata/.log
> I suppose we need some rhel7 server or to update glibc on the existing
> rhel6 servers.
Is there a recent enough glibc rpm for rhel6? If so then asking for an
update should be enough, and additionally, we should make sure eclipse
rpm's for rhel6 do specify the proper version of glibc requirement to
avoid users to face this issue.
Or is it OK to say that next DevStudio is only supported on rhel7?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers <http://developers.redhat.com>