[jbosstools-dev] Versions bump policy change

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 13:09:09 EST 2017

"We will upversion only the sub component that has changed."

Does that mean "only increment the plugin and its containing feature when a
change happens in a given plugin; for all other plugins/features don't bump
for the sake of bumping" ?

Or does that mean "if in jbosstools-base, only foundation and common have
changed, but the sub components called usage, runtime, tests, and stacks
have not, then only the features and plugins in foundation and common
should be mass-bumped to x.y+1 (master) or x.y.z+1 (4.4.x branch)" ?

By the way, if you forget to increment a feature that contains your changed
plugin, the baseline comparator will complain when you build locally:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal compare-version-with-baselines on
org.jboss.tools.openshift.core: Version have moved backwards for
(org.jboss.tools.openshift.core/3.3.2.v20170215-1207). Baseline has
3.3.2.v20170217-1329)

So you can verify you've bumped all the right things by iterating until the
errors go away.