[jbosstools-dev] Changes to Jenkins jobs: source warnings now register as failures

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 11:55:54 EST 2017

Just a quick heads up that you might see build failures now as a
result of incorrectly configured source.

I enabled some extra build log filtering to look for magic phrases
like these, and fail the build if they're found:

* Problems resolving provisioning plan
* Unable to satisfy dependency

So, if you see this in your build log locally, you can work to
eliminate it there, too. I suggest running maven and tee'ing to a log
file, eg.,

  mvn clean verify | tee /tmp/log.txt

Then you can check the log with grep or your text editor of choice for
the above strings to find the errors.

--

If your source features/plugins are not correctly set up, you can fix
them using this guide:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Minerva#Source

Ref: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-23767

--

Note that Tycho handles the warning condition by sometimes pulling old
plugins from your ~/.m2/repo, because it can't resolve the locally

  # clean out old artifacts
  rm -fr ${WORKSPACE}/.repository/p2/org/eclipse/update/feature/
  rm -fr ${WORKSPACE}/.repository/p2/osgi/bundle/*jboss*
  # clean out cache and metadata
  rm -fr ${WORKSPACE}/.repository/.cache
  rm -fr ${WORKSPACE}/.repository/.meta

Cheers,