[jbosstools-dev] Block PRs for merge untill the Jenkins build is successful

Radim Hopp rhopp at redhat.com
Wed May 10 04:41:52 EDT 2017

Last time I sent PR to openshift repo I had to be really patient, because
the build was failing on "java.io.IOException: Could not delete file
/mnt/hudson_workspace/workspace/jbosstools-openshift-Pull-Request/tests/org.jboss.tools.openshift.egit.test/target/work/data/Project-1494366069560".
I had to run the PR check job ~5 times for it to finally pass.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:38 AM Andre Dietisheim <adietish at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I agree in the principle. But for the approach to be successfull we need
> our new new jenkins to be rocksolid which it isnt for now. Our EGit tests
> fail randomly on it while they pass on the old jenkins.
> Am 10.05.17 um 10:17 schrieb Dmitrii Bocharov:
>
> Jeff, for this purpose we can think of some special comment for such PRs,
> that would allow to merge them (like *testPR* for a new build). As far as
> i know it's possible.
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Jean-Francois Maury <jmaury at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm ok with that rule except for one case when the pr is done before the
>> version bump has been merged then the Jenkins build will fail because of
>> the baseline check so maybe we need to update the pr Jenkins build
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> Le 9 mai 2017 23:10, "Mickael Istria" <mistria at redhat.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> FYI, not merging the broken patches is the policy followed by most
>>> Eclipse.org projects and overall, none of this project has complained from
>>> a reduced productivity; on the contrary, catching and fixing issues
>>> immediately on the right context has improved quality and reduced the
>>> necessary amount of quick fix patches (which are actually quite time
>>> consuming and stressful for their low added-value).
>>> So I think if it works for Eclipse.org projects, it can work for JBoss
>>> Tools.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mickael

RADIM HOPP

RED HAT JBOSS DEVELOPER STUDIO QUALITY ASSURANCE

Red Hat Czech s.r.o. <https://www.redhat.com/>

rhopp at redhat.com    IM: rhopp
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>