[jbosstools-dev] Block PRs for merge untill the Jenkins build is successful

Aurelien Pupier apupier at redhat.com
Wed May 10 10:42:15 EDT 2017

randomly failing tests is an horror but they reveal real issues, often in
products, sometimes in tests or CI.
Changing CI is often a great way to discover all our "concurrency issues"
as everything is not running at the same pace.

For Fuse Tooling (and in my previous company), What i try to do when it
occurs instead of just relaunching the job is to report a JIRA issue.
it will help to gather more information, imagine how to add logs or
whatever to have more information when it will happen next. Each time it
occurs again, we can add a comment it helps to know what is the frequency
and what is the urgency to fix it. it is easier to include time for
investigation in sprint if we know how much we are loosing every sprint
(and how often a user might hit this issue).

At a comparison level, I saw a great keynote from OpenStack organization.
They also had this issue and they even created an automatic reporting with
automatic relaunch of jobs when it failed for known "random failures".

AURÉLIEN PUPIER

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FUSE TOOLING

Red Hat France <https://www.redhat.com/>

apupier at redhat.com    IM: apupier