[jbosstools-dev] Introduction | JBoss | GSoC 2020 | Project Starfish | Overview

Saurav Kumar svkrclg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:47:52 EST 2020

Hello Community,
I am Saurav Kumar, a fourth-year computer engineering undergraduate from
the Army Institute of Technology, India looking forward to participating in
GSoC 2020 on the Project Starfish.
I went through the Project Starfish idea summary
<https://docs.jboss.org/display/GSOC/Google+Summer+of+Code+2020+ideas#GoogleSummerofCode2020ideas-ProjectStarfish-OpenanythinganywhereinanyIDE/editor>
and
explored the details mentioned. A rough idea which I figured out is, the
overall development consists of two client-side applications that are
compatible with the various platforms.

   - A browser extension (which will act as producer of URL).
   - A plug-in for IDE's (which will act as a consumer of URL, supports
   urlhandlers, serve the purpose of open, edit, debug according to URL passed)

Learning about IDE's and adding urlhandler features is something
interesting and requires a lot of exploring. Furthermore, the extension
development for browsers is something I have worked on but only for chrome
browser and building of cross-browser extension is almost similar with some
differences in tackling API namespace and asynchronous event.
Please let me know further technicalities of the project, correct me if I
am/was wrong at some point and meanwhile I will research more into the
design of the project.
Language: Java, Python, C++, Javascript.
GitHub profile : https://github.com/svkrclg
Saurav Kumar | +918698588414