[jbossts-announce] Narayana 5.2.14.Final released

Tom Jenkinson tom.jenkinson at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 06:44:45 EST 2016

Hello,

The Narayana team are proud to announce the release of Narayana
5.2.14.Final!

The release notes for this version are available from:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBTM/fixforversion/12329492/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin:release-report-tabpanel

Wildfly has had our upgrade merged in so you should see a nightly build of
WildFly that includes the upgrade available soon over here:
https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/job/WildFly-latest-master/
The commit is:
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/commit/36b5ad0116b41638cf965a1ccce8f8054f3f4f9a

As is now normal, in this release we compared ourselves against four other
leading open source competitor products with a view to checking that the
release remains competitive. Results are produced using JMH (a micro
benchmark harness created by the OpenJDK project team available from
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/code-tools/jmh/). We have attempted to
configure each product on an equal footing by choosing sensible defaults
for each tunable parameter and by ensuring that recovery is enabled,
although we do configure narayana with the journal store, which is our best
performing transaction log storage mechanism. If you have any
recommendations for other transaction managers or how to tune the
configuration then please let us know so that we can update our test job.
The benchmark runs a transaction containing two dummy resources.

We will let the figures speak for themselves, suffice to say that when more
and more threads are thrown at the workload we scale better showing that we
have excellent control over parallelism.

Threads           A           B           C           D    Narayana
      1        1420        1246        1327           9        1253
     10        1284        2720        7857        6844       10888
     50        1311        2621       30421       15941       46230
    100        1377        2675       30480       17475       74400
    300        1340        2801       27109       16954       63660
    400        1207        2672       26802       16700       63980

Happy coding,
The Narayana team