[jbossts-issues] [JBoss JIRA] Commented: (JBTM-576) update unit tests
Jonathan Halliday (JIRA)
jira-events at lists.jboss.org
Wed Jul 8 06:26:03 EDT 2009
[ https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBTM-576?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12475382#action_12475382 ]
Jonathan Halliday commented on JBTM-576:
The common, ArjunaCore, ArjunaJTA and ArjunaJTS builds now use junit4 and no longer require junit3 or DTF TestingFramework.jar
The test conversion is a rough first pass. A number of issues still exist. In no particular order these are:
- some tests don't pass. These need fixing.
- some tests take too long. The one with realtime waits can be shortened by configuration (e.g. shorter tx timeout, reaper interval or such) or use of logical rather than realtime waits (with e.g. byteman) The ones that do stress testing i.e. lots of iterations, should be moved to /qa rather than being unit tests.
- some tests are written for command line use, not automation. They require parameters, some of which are switches that affect behaviour e.g. commit/rollback. These should be reviewed and where necessary the test should be refactored into two or more tests that exercise all the optional code paths.
- some tests were designed to print output which then required manual review to determine pass/fail. These need fixing to use asserts instead.
- some tests are client/server pairs i.e. need more that one JVM. These are not unit tests and should be moved to /qa
- some tests don't clean up well on failure (or in some cases even on success). These need improving so they can cohabit well in a JVM with other tests.
- there is a lot of duplication, particularly in setup code for the JTS tests. Refactor to use .eg. common base class for these.
> update unit tests
> Key: JBTM-576
> URL: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBTM-576
> Project: JBoss Transaction Manager
> Issue Type: Task
> Security Level: Public(Everyone can see)
> Components: Testing
> Affects Versions: 4.7.0
> Reporter: Jonathan Halliday
> Assignee: Jonathan Halliday
> Fix For: 4.8.0
> There are many unit tests that have lain dormant for some time. Convert them from DTF/junit3 to junit4, wire them to the build and make them pass.
> This will be done incrementally, one module at a time, following the dependency chain e.g. common, ArjunaCore/arjuna, ArjunaCore/txoj, ... JTA/, .../JTS/...
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
More information about the jbossts-issues