[cxf-users] Using CXF WS client in a WAR deployed in JBoss

Stewart, Joshua Joshua.Stewart at garmin.com
Thu Sep 4 17:27:29 EDT 2008

I've written a WS client using CXF.  It works perfectly fine outside of
an app server, as a standalone application.  Now I need to get it
working inside JBoss 4.2.1.  I have a web app (WAR) that needs to make
some calls to the WS that I'm consuming.  I keep getting the following
error message...

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl cannot be
cast to javax.xml.ws.spi.ServiceDelegate21

This happens when my code tries to execute...

protected Service(java.net.URL wsdlDocumentLocation, QName serviceName)

(My service client extends Service.  That's the way CXF's wsdl2java
generated it.)

I've tried the advice found here...

http://www.mail-archive.com/cxf-user@incubator.apache.org/msg03499.html

It didn't seem to do the trick for me.  It got me past one error, but
straight into this one.

Any ideas?

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation