[jbossws-cxf-users] [JBoss Web Services CXF] - Using CXF without JBOSS Web Services

jayperkins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 31 13:39:56 EDT 2009

Is it possible to use CXF without using JBoss Web Services?

I deploy a war with all the necessary cxf jar files.  I have a spring config file that I reference in the web.xml which configures my cxf endpoints.

When I try to start my web app, I get the following error:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ws/commons/schema/utils/NamespacePrefixList
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.(JaxWsServerFactoryBean.java:66)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.(EndpointImpl.java:127)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.(EndpointImpl.java:131)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.(EndpointImpl.java:135)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.EndpointDefinitionParser$SpringEndpointImpl.(EndpointDefinitionParser.java:164)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
	at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:100)

I don't include a jar file that contains the NamespacePrefixList class and the version of cxf that I am using (CXF 2.1.3) does not reference this class anywhere either so I'm not sure why it is looking for it.  This works fine on other appservers so I don't believe that I really need the NamespacePrefixList class.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252680#4252680

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4252680