[jbossws-users] [JBossWS] - debugging NoSuchMethodError...

Pires da Silva do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 03:41:31 EST 2007

To all concerned,

such problems are solved using class loading information through JMX console:
http://172.16.100.70:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor

choose under JMImplementation to click on LoaderRepository:

   JMImplementation

   * name=Default,service=LoaderRepository

then go to displayClassInfo and enter all class path:

       java.lang.String displayClassInfo()

MBean Operation.

Param     ParamType     ParamValue     ParamDescription
p1     java.lang.String         (no description)

that way you have the information on the location of the class.
That way you can notice it is using a jar in another location than you think.

example: I got the error below when using versions higher than Jboss4.0.2+Jbossw1.2.0.SP1. (as it was using a jar of an older version -jboss4.0.5- from a location I didnt' think of)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement.getElementQName()Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName; ...

Catherine

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103967#4103967

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103967