[jbossws-users] WS-Eventing extension sends incorrect HTTP content-type

Dan Retzlaff dretzlaff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:37:48 EST 2008

The Subscription class in org.jboss.ws.extensions.eventing.mgmt contains
hard-coded SOAP 1.2 envelopes for event notification and SubscriptionEnd
messages. However, SOAPConnectionImpl::callOneWay() sets the HTTP
content-type to "text/xml". (More specifically,
SOAPMessageImpl::saveChanges() does.)

The SOAP 1.2 specification (7.1.4) and RFC 3902 require that SOAP HTTP
bindings use a content-type of "application/soap+xml".

This appears to be a bug. In my case, it manifests itself when Axis2
throws a SOAPProcessingException complaining that incoming transport level
information does not match the SOAP namespace.

I would suggest that Subscription provide the correct content-type in a
MimeHeaders object to its MessageFactory::createMessage() call, but
SOAPMessageImpl::saveChanges() overwrites the value indiscriminately. Is
changing those hard-coded envelopes to SOAP 1.1 the best solution here? It
seems like we should be able to make SOAP 1.2 work...

Regards,
Dan