[jbossws-users] SOAP over JMS

Richard Opalka ropalka at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 02:39:16 EDT 2009

Hi Tanmay,

   see inlined comments below:

Richard

tanmay pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to define a web service with SOAP over JMS. Went through the
> jbossws user guide.
> (
> http://jbossws.jboss.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=JAX-WS_User_Guide#JMS_Transport_Clients
> )
>
> However the following line in the wsdl example was not clear to me.
>
> <soap:address
> location='jms://queue/RequestQueue?replyToName=queue/ResponseQueue'/>
>
> Is 'replyToName' a key word which is used to specify the response queue
> name?

Exactly
> or is there other way to specify the request and reponse queue for a web
> service in the wsdl file?

No AFAIK
> Could anybody point me to some good examples for SOAP over JMS?

Download our SVN repo from
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossws/stack/native/trunk
and have a look to jms sample, i.e.:

# test resources
trunk/modules/testsuite/native-tests/src/test/resources/jaxws/samples/jmstransport
# test sources
trunk/modules/testsuite/native-tests/src/test/java/org/jboss/test/ws/jaxws/samples/jmstransport
> The versions I am using are:
> JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA
> jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA
> jboss-messaging-1.4.2.GA (yes I am using JBoss Messaging instead of
> JBossMQ).

I suggest you to upgrade to
 * JBossWS 3.1.0 (latest releases incorporating many bugfixes and
enhancements)
 * JBossAS 5.0.1 for the same reason